Friday, May 14, 2010

Foot in Mouth

I know I am not the only one that has had athlete's tongue...but when you see the effect of it, you relive the moment, over and over. I woke up in the night replaying the words and wondered if it was a faux pas - or a moment of truth. I called a spade a spade last night, but it was in front of other spades who make me acutely aware that I am a diamond. I cannot be part of their runs, nor any flush.

And so, I ruminate, masticate and attempt several emails to explain, only to wisely discard them yet again before I hit the send. There are some people, who no matter how clearly you can logically explain your reasoning, have their thoughts set in stone, proudly. I give too much consideration to try to climb over that wall to achieve harmony.

Instead, perhaps a good oral rinse.

No comments:

Post a Comment