Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Yesterday, as I was watching a cooking show that was tantalizing me, I realized how much my tastes had changed, of late. The thought of bunches of cilantro would have caused me to make retching sounds at one time, and yet not now. The evolution of a life...the journey that takes us through uncharted waters daily.

I can't say that I decided to accept cilantro. I think it was an accidental discovery, camouflaged and unrecognizable except for the distinct flavor. On further inquiry I realized that, in fact, I loved this flavor. Perhaps I had too quickly discounted the hint of woody bitters. Since the clandestine encounter, I have enjoyed it more and more.

And now, this cooking show has reminded me, not to be too set in my ways lest I miss out on something I would really love. It has reminded me that I am not the same person that I was yesterday. The evolution of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment