Monday, June 28, 2010

I was reading a blog today....actually re-reading, when I decided to send the author a note that I was waiting for an update. I was pleased when he responded and apologized for not tending to his followers. Something I notice more frequently is that I crave well written articles, novels, blogs, medical journals, emails......I could go on. This appetite for verbiage has not been sated by the tomes I lug around, nor the articles I look up or blogs I follow. Perhaps being an erudite has created an unquenchable monster, as opposed to AJ Jacobs "humble quest to be the smartest man in the world." He sounds more noble...more humble..less discontent. I feel more driven, more competitive with myself and the world around me. I have no desire to be smarter....but I really enjoy the challenge of growing and unearthing wisdom or knowledge. If you have any recommendations to feed this dragon, please let me know.....but I will not be reading Encyclopaedia Brittanica, ever.

1 comment:

  1. You will enjoy "Debt to Pleasure" by John Lanchester. I just know you will!

    ReplyDelete