Thursday, July 29, 2010

I keep waiting for the change in weather that signals nesting again. This is all wrong. I know it, yet I still do it. Looking beyond today to plan tomorrow....but today then will never exist for me. Just now I caught myself in the midst of dreaming of curling up by the fire - and I am sitting in the sun of my office whilst children are playing in my swimming pool. When will I remember to enjoy today? This is rhetorical. I am not sure that I want the answer.

September will feel so different for me. Mik will be back in school in September. I am not sure what that will mean for me. Will I work? Will I live a life of leisure? Anyone who really knows me will know this is not possible. I think I thrive on flexibility and chaos.

This is why, even when I am tired, I would welcome anyone to come over. This is why, even when I am hot and sticky...not the way I want to be....is when I can look forward to those nights of curling up with a great book by the fire. Inside I know that today is most important. Enjoy what I have now for all of life is fleeting....it sounds morose and somber...and probably mostly realistic.

1 comment:

  1. Not morose and somber...that's a ticket to freedom! That's Ecclesiastes! Life is fleeting! Wahoo!!

    OK. I am trying to sell that a little hard. =)

    ReplyDelete